Monday, September 13, 2010

If you don't like something, change it, and if you can't change it, change your attitude about it

I've been joking around an awful lot lately saying that I'll take my SEMO ADPi life back right about now...but a part of me is dying to be back there just for a little bit longer. I've waited and waited for graduation and being "grown up" and I really do love this exciting next step in my life, but I wish I had more time for FUN like I did in college! As I always mention, I am of course beyond excited for every step of the way getting to where I want to be in my life...but dang it sure is tough! No one said it would be easy, but my goodness. The grass certainly is not always greener on the other side that's for sure. The new job has been going well just a bit stressful at times, but that's too be expected. I am still open to any and all potential opportunities that I may come across along the way that will help lead me to where I really want to be. I've taken on so many new and big and important responsibilities since I graduated in May, and I think that they still have not all yet set in completely. It was a huge adjustment for me once everyone started heading back to school for the semester...and this time I just wasn't going. Instead of moving back into the ADPi house and preparing for recruitment I was starting my first full time job. While all of my friends and sorority sisters were worrying about what new girls were going to become members of ADPi, I was worrying about my first day of my new job, the new staff that I manage, benefits...stuff that I always heard my parents talking about...and from time to time thought about, but didn't realize how soon such things  would come. It seems like everyone always says this, but my biggest wish for each of you is to live each day and to live in the moment. I try so hard to do this myself, but sometimes it truly is so much harder than it seems, always wishing for something else, something more, something better. Especially to those of you in your senior year of college, make it your absolute best. I know I spent so much time focusing on job searching and getting things figured out my senior year, and I am glad I did, but I do certainly wish I could and would have spent more time realizing the fact that that was it. Now when I go back to SEMO for visits it will only be distant memories. It will be fun, but it won't be the same. But I will say right about now that a trip back to Cape is MUCH in need. I have not been back since the day after I graduated in May. That means I haven't been back in four months. That's the longest time I've gone without being in that town (despite my love/hate relationship with the town) in the past five years (aside from our drive through on the way to and from Memphis earlier this Summer). I am SO hoping that my job will allow me to go to Cape for Homecoming! College was a big part of my life, and it's a big part for many. I think that's one experience I will certainly never forget. I've experienced so many life changes in the past year, and I'm still trying hard to take everything in and figure everything out! I really love it when I stumble across good, inspirational quotes. I came across another one of my favorites today..."If you don't like something, change it, and if you can't change it, change your attitude about it." Something's gotta give here. Not quite sure what, but certainly something. I need to get back to figuring out this thing called life! Good luck to those of you trying to do to nothing other than the same! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment