Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My passion is people

I am officially about to start week 4 of my new job at the Westin St. Louis which means I am almost one month in! These past few weeks have gone by far faster than expected. I have so much to get used to when it comes to the new job, especially when it comes to the schedule! I work a variety of AM/PM shifts so my schedule varies daily...whether I have to be there by 6 am and am off around 3 pm or I go in around 3 and am off around 11 or midnight. There are advantages and disadvantages to both, but I think I prefer the AM shift (despite the fact that I don't exactly love waking up at 4am) because I like being home around 4 pm and having the rest of the day to get other stuff done. I am more of a morning person than I am a night person. Starting next week I think I will be starting to run my own shifts by myself! I am anxious yet excited about this all at the same time! Lot's of responsibility, but I am ready to take it on! This does mean, though, that I will likely be working a lot more of the pm shifts than the am shifts, but that's ok! I have enjoyed them both thus far...they are just two completely different atmospheres! Along with the crazy flexibility of the schedule, we don't necessarily get weekends off either...so this week for example, I was off yesterday and today...so that's basically my weekend, that of which will also be different each week. It's not a bad thing, just a lot to get used to!! As you all know my hopes are to one day be planning fabulous events (weddings, conventions, philanthropic, galas...all of the above!) so I clearly will be working many nights and weekends when called for which is something that I am expecting and ready to take on, but I do know that I will also have a fairly regular work schedule on top of that, while additionally coming in those nights and weekends for my events as needed. I am planning to continue to do everything in my power to work my way up to that point! I'm not sure how long it will take, but I think it will be worth it. And if I just so happen to find something else along the way that may even take me in a different path, I supposed I may accept that as well. Life is all about options and opportunities and I want nothing other than to experience these. It will certainly be (and already has been much of) a learning process along the way, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and will somehow get me exactly where I wish to be. In the meantime, I plan to continue learning everything I possibly can to help get me there! I always hear that life is a journey...boy is that ever true. I shall continue to live each day for what it's worth! I tend to have a plan for everything in my life...whether it be on a day to day basis or for what I foresee in my future...but I am also beginning to learn that those plans are oftentimes not definite, and something even greater (or maybe not so great) may come up along the way, but, again, it's all a part of the process of getting there. I know what I think I want to be doing, but I may end up somewhere else doing something completely different than expected and loving it, but for now, I will continue with just what I think and hope for my future and see just where that may take me : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment